Submissions are currently closed.
What We Want
We never have a set theme. If it’s disturbing and disruptive, we want it. We have a particular interest in anything that fits in our favourite literary genre of the ‘strange woman’; women that are strange, subversive, or breaking the mould.
Who We Want
We welcome writing from anyone comfortable with the Catatonic Daughter label. We particularly welcome submissions from marginalised communities that are typically underrepresented in literature – including people of colour, disabled writers, and LGBTQIA+ writers. Catatonic Daughters is a welcome space for trans & non-binary writers.
We want your work, even if you’ve never been published before!
- You can submit up to 5,000 words of prose, up to 15 pages of script, up to 5 pieces of visual art or up to 5 poems
- In the case of writing, we accept .docx or .pdf files, and we prefer easy-to-read 12-point font
- Submissions might be edited, but it’s a collaborative process with the author and we will never make any major changes without your approval
- We do not publish previously published work, but we welcome simultaneous submissions. Just send us an email as soon as you receive notice of acceptance elsewhere!
- Submission is completely free & you retain the copyright to your work
To be considered, submit your writing to email@example.com with a short bio letting us know a little about you (your name, pronouns, and what kind of things you usually write)